THINGS YOU CAN GET RID OF RIGHT NOW
Tidy 4 main areas in your house and enjoy the freedom
I am a true believer that clutter takes the best out of us and blocks new energy to come in to our lives. This is why it has been so important in my life to de-clutter from time to time to create that precious space for new opportunities. It is great if you do a spring cleaning, however I encourage you to take that action monthly and see how your world changes. I am suggesting this because the more we do it, the more we get rid off, which means that there will be less distractions in our already busy lives.
First time de-cluttering might seem like you are throwing away a lot of things, most probably things that you obviously don’t need anymore, for example junk mail, expired medicine, stained clothes. However once you get yourself in to habit of de-cluttering your stuff frequently, you will be able to see more clearly what you really need therefore getting rid of more and more each time. Trust me, before you know it, you will be left with nothing but everything that you truly need so you can focus your mind on what is important to you.
I would like to start with Living room as it is a common area for clutter to shop up as everyone in the family are using this room, including your guests. Here are a list of things to get rid of right now:
- Junk mail – unsubscribe from receiving them at all if all you do is look at them and put aside after receiving.
- Old magazines – you have read them, give them to someone who haven’t.
- Books you’ve outgrown – it is time to give them second life – donate.
- Stained or worn throw pillow covers and trows – they just do not look pretty anymore.
- Broken pens and markers – what is the use of that?
- Filled notepads and notebooks – they are filled.
Let’s continue with your Kitchen since this is the place, I believe, most hard to organize, because there are just so many things, places to hide things and things in to things. But let’s start with couple of obvious items that have served their time in your kitchen:
- Expired coupons – there is no need for those anymore, right?
- Plastic lids or containers that don’t have a “friend” – it is hard to use them without their best half.
- Unused cookbooks – give them to your friends or someone you know would appreciate them.
- Expired foods – obviously, right? You do not want to get food poisoning.
- Chipped or damaged dishes – you will not have space for new things if you keep piling up the old ones.
- Unused flower vases – yes, I know, we keep them to use some day, but be real here – you only need couple.
Moving on, let’s go to you Bathroom and see what can be done there to make it less cluttered and more spacious. This is such an important place to keep tidy as it is where you are getting rid of all the dirt and in my opinion you can’t clean yourself well enough in a cluttered space (it just makes no sense):
- Expired medicine – no use of that anymore anyways.
- Old makeup – using it might cause some pretty ugly consequences.
- Old nail polish – unless you know some tricks to make it new again, get rid of it.
- Old or stained towels – find another use for them, otherwise they don’t belong in your bathroom.
- Hair accessories – they used to be in fashion, not anymore.
Last place I would like to point out in today’s blog is the place where you spend most of your time, the most precious time, because nothing is more important than a good night sleep. Yes, I am talking about your Bedroom:
- Clothes that don’t fit – if they are in good condition, give them to someone in need.
- Stained, worn, unused bed linen – your sleep will be much deeper knowing you are sleeping on good sheets.
- Stained or worn clothes – you will not wear them anyways.
- Mismatched and worn socks – believe me, you will feel much better once they are out of your closet.
- Broken jewellery – let’s be honest, you will never fix them.
Now when you have an actual list where to start from, I suggest you do not waste any time and get to work ASAP, because only you can create that space that best suits your needs.
I hope that this post have helped you to realise how many thing you have been keeping for no reason as they do no have real use in your life.
If you have found this article useful, please share your thought below to inspire others to clear their home as well.
Best of success,
Want to increase your productivity to have time freedom while running a thriving business?
Want to skyrocket your productivity with private coaching to become a top performer?
Want to boost your productivity by restore mind to balance, harmony and clarity?
What to know how to organize anything?
“LESS” & “SIMPLE” approach to life, business and mind for outrageous success
Search Blog Posts
Here is my method of identifying distraction triggers and shifting your attention back to focused action and getting back in control for the most productive work.
It’s truly life-changing once we start to honor our time and stop wasting it on activities that serve us very little. One of those activities are meetings. If you’re a coach who is on their way to level up, communication with your team is your daily necessity. However, there is a big difference between time well spend and time well wasted.
Inside your daily dose of running a thriving business
Get exclusive member content sent directly by Me