How to change the energy in your house
to feel calmer and move towards clarity
Every one of us at some point in our lives have felt stuck, helpless and confused. While there are many things you can do to change that situation, they all take quite a time to see the first results. However there are many things you can do right now to change your mood by starting to change energy in you house.
Continue reading if you want to know how to turn negative in to positive. If you will pay attention to these suggestions and use them (or some of them) wisely in your home, you will notice immediate energy shift. In other words, you will feel calmer, more relaxed, because you will make the bad energy go out the window (literally).
Here we go:
- Take a look around and notice of things that you surround yourself with makes you feel good? Maybe there is something that just drives you crazy every time you look at it? It might be a vase that was a gift years ago or painting that has a wrong colour palette. Every item in you house has it’s specific energy. You can tell if that energy suits you if it makes you feel good. Depending on that certain things can either give you power, strength and motivation or block it. You should not keep anything in house that does not give you a good feeling. Even if you can’t explain what is it with that vase that you do not find attractive, if it does make you happy, it is not right for you.
- How often do you open the windows to let the fresh air in? The breeze that goes trough rooms changes the energy very quickly and not only gives you more oxygen, but also clears the space even if you don’t fiscally see it. Take a big deep breath in and let the fresh air surround you.
3. Do you have dust on things where you can’t clean them of easily enough? High shelfs are the best dust and stuck energy collectors. If you are someone who really hates to clean dust (I hear you, because I am one of them too), there can be several solutions to make your life easier. For example, you can use decorative boxes, choose more closed cabinets instead of the open ones and use drawers. In other words, your worst enemy is open shelfs with too many things, because it just takes ages to clean each and every peace.
To get some ideas, you can see my board on Pinterest:
4. There is one thing that all have us have had or have in our homes and it is broken, damaged dishes. These are also one of those things that like to stick to negative energy, so if it is permanently broken – get rid of it. You also should not keep damaged vases, plates, glasses, clocks and other stuff. Take them out of your house and see how energy switches.
5. Essential oils can be a great help to change the mood, clear smells, calm the mind and switch to positive energy. Diffuser here can be of great use, otherwise you can use oils to your skin. Citrus, rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus, teeter oils will be your friends to get in to better mood.
6. My personal favourite things of all is to move furniture around. If your space allows that, it is one of the greatest changes you can physically make to completely get rid of all negative energy, because by moving things around, you don’t let them get stuck in one place. That doesn’t allow energy to get stuck there either.
P.S. This works wonders with kids. They love to play around and by moving their furniture, you will create a completely new playground and make them so much more excited.
There are other things that you can use to change the energy in your home if you are in to them, like crystals. Some of them are specially used to clear out negative energy. For example, BLACK TOURMALINE is a very powerful stone that protects against negativity of all kinds, ROSE QUARTZ replaces negative energy with Positive. Choosing to put them next to your electric appliances you will nicely balance the energy. Other things to brighten up your space you could use are bells. As the sound vibrations disperse blocked energy, the sweet chimes work to uplift the fresh energy.
Even if you don’t think that your house has a negative energy, it is worth to use one or more of my suggestions to clear your space anyways, because sometimes we get so busy in our lives, that we do not pay attention to things we don’t see. We assume they don’t affect us and not knowingly we let them take over. Only once we see the shift in positive direction, we realise how bad it actually was before.
I hope that my suggestions will help you to clear your space from that negative energy that inevitably accumulates in our homes.
Have you got any more to add to this list? I’d love to hear them. Tell me your best tips in the comments below. I can’t wait to read them!
What to know how to organize anything?
I firmly believe that clearing your home clears your mind
Search Blog Posts
Inside your daily dose of organizing mindfully
Join other subscribers to organize smarter.